Distance from Quilpie: 77km
Cheepie was once a Cobb & Co change station and for a short time from 1914 was the railhead from Charleville. At its peak Cheepie had a police station, blacksmith, railway station, tent boarding houses, butcher shop, bakery and two organic vegetable gardens. The town water supply was originally brought in by train and stored in tanks but later water was taken from nearby Beechal Creek. All that remains in the township is a private residence and one long-time resident.